We want to be more than just a clothing brand. Rex and Isla is a space where Mums can connect, where all the uncomfortable but necessary questions can be asked and where we can support one another through the parenthood journey.
Parenthood often feels as though you are essentially an adult winging it on the daily and learning as you go but it is so so much easier when you have that village of support and can learn from one another. With this in mind I decided to come up with a list of 10 questions for Mums who have been there and can share their thoughts and experiences.
These beautiful mamas are women that I am lucky enough to have met - some of whom I've known many years and others who are very new friends in my life. Each one has their own unique experience and journey as a parent. There is no right nor wrong in any of these answers and I will leave it to you to decide which answers you identify with and implement in your own parenthood journey.
We will regularly feature one of our beautiful mamas and share their answers and insights to these ten questions.
1. What purchase of under $100 in the last 1 year has been most useful as a parent or most enjoyed by your child? Please be specific on brands and where you found it.
2. What is the book or books you’d gift most to new parents and why? This can be a children’s’ book or parenting book.
3. If you could only take 5 things into hospital with you, what would you take?
4. What was the most surprising or unexpected part of your labour that you weren’t prepared for?
5. What has been the most challenging aspect of feeding your baby? (This can be related to breast or bottle feeding.)
6. In the first 2 weeks after your baby was born, what was the most helpful thing family or friends did for you? What would you do to help someone who has just had a baby?
7. What is an unusual thing that you love about being a Mum?
8. What advice would you give to a woman about to become a first-time Mother? What advice should they ignore?
9. Where do you turn to for good advice? (This could be a person, website, book or other resource you’ve found helpful).
10. When you feel overwhelmed as a Mum, what do you do?